Are you interested in the impact that climate change is having on Canada’s environmental and economic landscapes? This online training will explore the economics of a carbon cap and trade system for Canadian businesses.
Climate change is forcing humanity to get serious about managing its carbon emissions. One of the proposed solutions is the adoption of a cap-and-trade system, which will limit, or cap, the annual emissions for key industries. Additional emission reductions will be made available for trade through a carbon market, thus allowing the larger emitters to purchase offsets from certified sources. The expected benefits of the cap-and-trade will include both a managed reduction of overall emissions and a new economic opportunity for those organizations that commit to reducing their own carbon footprint.
Upon completion of this online training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the cap and trade accounting system for carbon emissions
- Describe the current carbon marketplace and the impacted industries
- Estimate economic benefits associated with the cap and trade model
- Municipal staff
- Project Managers
- Green Associates/LEED Professionals
- Cost Consultants
- Material Manufacturers/Suppliers